Friday, October 06, 2006

My iPod


What I love about my iPod is the ability to be anywhere and be listening to magic right there at that moment. The other day I was zoning out on the train and dug my iPod out of my bag and in seconds I was listening to one of the greatest moments in music history – Judy Garland singing “The Man That Got Away” live at Carnegie Hall sometime in the 60’s. I was enraptured! I mean who needs to sing any other torch song after that one? Has there been another torch song since? It made my ride home beyond bearable it made it magnificent. I almost leaned over to the unknown man across from me to say “listen to this and tell me if this is not heaven!” Of course I would not do that but I should have.

I have all kinds of music on this little goodie from Judy Garland to Oingo Boingo. Mary J Blige to Pink. Frank Sinatra to U2. I downloaded some Corinne Bailey Rea last night and I have to say she is my new favorite. “Put Your Records On” is wonderful, its reminiscent of old school R&B with a dash of Rickie Lee Jones added for good measure. I found some lovely Madeline Peyroux cuts and picked up some Marc Broussard just for the fun of it – nothing like “Home” for a soulful good time.

Nina is juicing my iPod with a wonderful playlist for Halloween mostly classical but really nice. I love my iPod and if you have the means, I highly suggest one! We are off to Target to get more iTunes cards….

2 comments:

Baby_Tease said...

I feel the same way about my iPod. My music taste is so diverse. This is the only way I'll ever be able to enjoy it all. I plug mine into my car when I drive also. Just so I won't hum at work I listen to audiobooks on it (Jane Austen). It makes the hours FLY! Kudos to Apple. Kim.

Cheryl Barrett said...

I feel the same way about my Ipod. I am totally into it and I also love the fact that I can categorize so many songs to fit a certain mood or ambiance. One of my favorites is instrumental soundtracks. I actually walk to the music from Riverdance & Cirque de Soleil. I can't get tired when I think of all those energetic dancers and performers! I am spirutally moved by the music from Chronicles of Narnia and infused with adventure listening to the themes from Pirates of the Caribbean or almost anything by John Williams. I love the quirkiness of Thomas Newman (American Beauty, Lemony Snicket's Series..., 6 Feet Under, Shawshank Redemption, etc.). Even some television themes are cool: House and especially Cold Case. And I defy anyone who can say they don't smile when they hear the theme from Return of the Pink Panther!!!