Monday, January 04, 2010

Let's Start This New Year Off Right!


Lets not resolve to lose weight, work out more or become more organized. These are very boring ideas and they only net a few people with incredible will power. The rest of us are left feeling as though we can't cut it as though we can't make a difference. You can make a difference I have an idea!

This year I am embarking on the 29-Day Giving Challenge. Go to 29 Gifts in 29 Days
Give one thing away each day for 29 days. Why? Because, to see your world change, you have to DO something to change your world. I plan to sign up on this site to keep track of what I am doing and to get ideas from others. I plan to continue this abundant lifestyle longer that 29 days but this will be a great way to start. I love this idea. Join me we can do this.

I also found a site called Modest Needs
Modest Needs pools small donations from thousands of donors, who can direct their contributions to help fund specific individual requests. One hundred percent of individual donations go to fund these small grants, which cover needs such as auto repairs, rent, dental work or utility bills. This help prevent otherwise financially self-sufficient individuals and families from entering the cycle of poverty with a small amount of well-timed financial assistance.

This is a great place to make small donations from time to time on an as needed and case-by-case basis. I am really happy to have found this site because you can see simple solutions taking shape right away.

This New Year I am stretching my mind and soul to find new and unusual ways to give. I am not rich and I may only have small amount to give here and there but I think if I can wake each day feeling grateful and reach out to share then I will surely fall on the happier side of life more often than not. I hope you will join me in adopting this grateful and abundant attitude. I think we can make such a lasting difference for others and ourselves. Happy New Year!

No comments: