Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Au Revoir! We are going out of business...



Soul of the Rose Gifts will be closing on February 1, 2011.

I began my creative journey with Soul of the Rose in a rented booth in the village antique mall in 2004; we sold vintage finds and French soaps. I segued from there to a small boutique in the village; we branched out selling fine sleepwear and even more elegant bath & body products. Eventually I evolved into an online gift shop for Women, Children & Home. I have loved every creative incarnation of my business. Soul of the Rose has consistently grown however, it has now come to a point of "seriously invest and grow...or let it go". Although I have always poured my heart and soul into this business, I have other investments that are very precious to me. Few people know that I have always maintained a full time and very demanding day job elsewhere in addition to the online store and the time constraints are now at such a level where I have decided to let Soul of the Rose go.

I now find myself feeling somewhat like a caterpillar that has created its chrysalis and I am ready to emerge as something else. I just don't know what. I have never been the type of person that just gets up and goes to work. I have to have something creative and artistic to work on and build. Soul of the Rose has long filled that need in me. Buying and selling is telling a story with product. It is an art form and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to play in this arena. I have enjoyed every single order and every single customer, yes, even the difficult ones as the taught me patience and understanding. I have loved packing every order and sending it on its way with a sweet little treat and a thank you. Through our Soulful Giving program we were able to raise money and donate to some wonderful local, national and international charitable organizations, this was one of my favorite aspects of Soul of the Rose. I really enjoyed the buying trips with Megan...we'll probably still go, we just won't be buying much anymore.

To my customers,friends and family that have supported my journey with Soul of the Rose Gifts, I am truly thankful, each of your purchases allowed me to create something wonderful and I appreciate you all, thank you.

During the holiday season we called our liquidation sale "The Great Holiday Sale Event", now we are are selling out as much as possible in these last few days with our "Au Revoir Sale". I encourage you to peruse the site to see if there are any great deals in there for you, we have marked everything to MOVE! Have fun shopping, thank you for your patronage and remember: always try to do some of your shopping with independent small business or we will be left with nothing but the dregs of Walmart and no one wants that!!!


Merci, Au Revoir!

4 comments:

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Kim,
Wishing you all the best on your new endeavors (I know you won't need it one little bit!).
xo~Tracie

Anonymous said...

Best wishes, Kim! I have so enjoyed my Soul of the Rose treats this holiday! {hug}

Kim Sharifi said...

Thank you ladies, I have really enjoyed this ride! Who knows what I will start on next but I am sure it will be creative and fun!

Alaska Fishing Lodge said...

I wish you all best wishes and be happy.

Alaska Fishing Lodge